Thread: DVD Audio Crackling with external USB M-Audio Card

drathbun is offline Junior Member
    Thanks

DVD Audio Crackling with external USB M-Audio Card

Sign in to disable this ad
    This might not be the place for this but since my main concern is ultimately whether my Sonar 6 PE will work or not, I decided to ask anyway.

I have a M-Audio Audiophile USB audio card. Everything is working fine with Sonar 6 PE right now. My operating system is Windows XP Media Center Edition. M-Audio reports NO SUPPORT for ANY of its products with this edition of Windows. However, all the drivers seem to work fine, that is, until I try to playback a DVD.

I get crackling and sometimes it crashes the computer. I had this problem of audio crackling with my previous Dell computer but it went away when I disabled the onboard audio card in the BIOS. I have done that with this HP computer but the problem persists.

My question is, if I just go out and buy an internal M-Audio card for this HP, will it be a waste of money because M-Audio doesn't support my OS? Or should I buy Vista with a new card and run 64bit?

I'm not comfortable with going with Vista.

Suggestions?

Paul881 is offline Look Mom, I can play!
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by drathbun View Post
    This might not be the place for this but since my main concern is ultimately whether my Sonar 6 PE will work or not, I decided to ask anyway.

I have a M-Audio Audiophile USB audio card. Everything is working fine with Sonar 6 PE right now. My operating system is Windows XP Media Center Edition. M-Audio reports NO SUPPORT for ANY of its products with this edition of Windows. However, all the drivers seem to work fine, that is, until I try to playback a DVD.

I get crackling and sometimes it crashes the computer. I had this problem of audio crackling with my previous Dell computer but it went away when I disabled the onboard audio card in the BIOS. I have done that with this HP computer but the problem persists.

My question is, if I just go out and buy an internal M-Audio card for this HP, will it be a waste of money because M-Audio doesn't support my OS? Or should I buy Vista with a new card and run 64bit?

I'm not comfortable with going with Vista.

Suggestions?
    There could be many reasons why this crackles but I would not see Vista as the answer to your prayers. Buy Win XP and wait a year for all the audio companies to fix their vista driver issues.
    Gigabyte GA-EX 58-UD5 MoBo/F7 BIOS/Intel i7 Quad Core 920 CPU/6 Gig RAM/Win XP/Delta 66+omni /SP-5B monitors/Sonar 8.5 PE/Trilogy/Atmosphere /Stylus RMX/Absynth4/Kontakt4 /POD XT/Z3ta+/Rapture/ Dimension Pro/Lounge Lizard/

Thread Information