Drum Track in Sonar LE

stratmanjack

I am using Sonar LE and Native Instruments Studio Drummer. My problem is that when I drag and drop the midi drum clip into sonar it will not play correctly unless I insert it just after beat 1 eg. 1/16 into measure 1 which means, of course, its out of time with the sonar metronome. If I put it at the beginning of measure 1 its as if it doesn't read the information correctly. If, however, I place it at the beginning of measure 2 and start playback from 1/16 into measure 1 it plays correctly and in time with the metronome. If I start playback from the beginning of measure 1 it goes haywire again. In any event if I add another clip eg. a fill, it again goes wrong. If I audition the clip in Studio drummer and run the Sonar metronome they sync perfectly. Anyone any ideas where I may be going wrong.

I realize that this does not answer your question specifically, but why not move the whole project back to start at measure 1?

Glen

Thanks Glen but the problem is the drums (either N.I. studio drummer or the Cakewalk S.I. drum kit which is included with Sonar LE) will not respond correctly if placed at Beat 1 measure 1. I am new to using VST plug ins and soft synths so maybe I'm doing something wrong when opening them up in the project.

Problem Sorted

After hours of tinkering and trying to think about the problem analytically and logically I've sorted the problem. It was all a question of latency. Simple innit!

Back