Anyone Upgrade to Sonar X3 Producer?

Sonar X3 is working very well for me. Loving the updates and improvements that I've used so far.

I also bought the X3 Explained Tutorial from Groove3 when it was half off and for $20 you can't beat it.

Just downloaded it. Need to sync with my friend/co-writer to install at the same time as it's not backwards compatible and once we start using it there's no going back.

:(
Just downloaded it. Need to sync with my friend/co-writer to install at the same time as it's not backwards compatible and once we start using it there's no going back.
:(

So do you know if projects stated on X1 can be completed on X3?

Been getting tempted to upgrade.

:(:(

So do you know if projects stated on X1 can be completed on X3?

The problems that I have encountered with projects and this upgrade have more to deal with the plug-ins than the DAW. Don't uninstall X1. If you have projects that use X1 components, X3 will use them. It is a bit of a problem when they are no longer there because of an uninstall. I also have had some problems where templates seem to have caused problems and I ended up having to rebuild a project by importing the old wave files into a new X3 project.

The problems that I have encountered with projects and this upgrade have more to deal with the plug-ins than the DAW. Don't uninstall X1. If you have projects that use X1 components, X3 will use them. It is a bit of a problem when they are no longer there because of an uninstall. I also have had some problems where templates seem to have caused problems and I ended up having to rebuild a project by importing the old wave files into a new X3 project.

Not sure about X3, but I've been with Cakewalk since PA9 and you've always had to install the plugs or synths you wished to roll over into the newer version separately from the old discs.

I'm looking at the prices on this thing. It'll cost me like $350 to up-grade with bells and whistles,$300 w/no bells & whistles..... and the vid and mp3 conversion.......over $400.....hmmm.......this or a new mic.....been wanting the shure sm7b....&......fishman 3x play midi pup......damn.....the list goes on and on.......

I'm looking at the prices on this thing. It'll cost me like $350 to up-grade with bells and whistles,$300 w/no bells & whistles..... and the vid and mp3 conversion.......over $400.....hmmm.......this or a new mic.....been wanting the shure sm7b....&......fishman 3x play midi pup......damn.....the list goes on and on.......

I thought the upgrade from X1 Producer to X3 Producer was $199.

Don't know where you got $300 or $350 from

I upgraded and am currently using X3d. I've been with Cakewalk since the 80's and bought directly from Greg Hendershott when he worked alone out of his garage. I still have a relic with the DOS version of Cakewalk 1 working on it. Sonar X3 is working very smoothly so far, just finished a 26 track project with NO freezes or glitches. In X1 and X2 I would have to reboot after rendering sometimes, there seemed to be a buffer overrun issue that the support guys couldn't help me with....X3 is running flawlessly, even with Ozone 5 Advanced for mastering. Now it's like, which plugin should I use? There's a crapload of choices for mixing, I'm finding Isotope Ozone 2 is working pretty sweet with the mixes, and I'm scaling back on plugin use. I must say working with ProTools is also great, but the results I'm getting with X3 are incredible. Take the time to go through the tutorials, X3 is loaded with extras......understanding X2 and X1 does help.

Taking the plunge, down loading X3 producer as I type this. got the instruction video package as well.....$198.99 total, last day of cakewalks holiday special.....

Taking the plunge, down loading X3 producer as I type this. got the instruction video package as well.....$198.99 total, last day of cakewalks holiday special.....

Purchasing the instruction video was a good call. Eli K. does a good job of explaining all of the new features of X3 Producer. We are actually up to X3d so after you've installed the upgrade go back to the Cakewalk site and download versions a thru d. Enjoy and Happy New Year!

Purchasing the instruction video was a good call. Eli K. does a good job of explaining all of the new features of X3 Producer. We are actually up to X3d so after you've installed the upgrade go back to the Cakewalk site and download versions a thru d. Enjoy and Happy New Year!

I hope so....now I'd like to figure out how to put the video's on my iPad so I can watch on the go.

The 'D' patch is cumulative. It includes all of the fixes from A, B, and C. Just install the downloaded version (or from the DVD) then apply the 'D' patch.

Glen

Bought X1 ages ago and not used it much as upgraded to X2 soon after! Not really used X2 much but still upgraded to X3. I've probably used X3 more today than I used X1 and X2 over the last 2 years! Liking it so far. Addictive Drums is a nice addition, as is Melodyne. Liking the ability to colour code tracks too, sometimes it's the simple things! Not had a chance to play with the new comping yet though.

Also, new EQ on Pro Channel is a MASSIVE improvement from X2

I really like the EQ now, sort of hidden at first, but seeing the spectrum helps identify the peak frequencies.

The colors are there, but it simply is tint on top of grey, kind of eh.....choosing custom color then whiten helps.

Addictive drums are great, fast loading, lots of adjustments to fit your desire, my only gripe is the mapping of the toms require some transposing to match the tom assignments.

The real cooker I found is the intergration of Melodyne, it can do wonders at tweaking a voice take when a word needs to be articulated better...cool....or a flub in a single note bass line can me edited easily..

Back