making a drum trigger is too easy

Lorddiagram

Last night I picked up a piezo speaker from Radio Shack ($1.49), tore it up and duct-taped it in a broken BOSS guitar-pedal. I ran the Piezo's two wires to the pedal's output jack. It works great as a bass-kick-pedal for my D4. Infact the trigger is more sensitive than many of the store bought triggers-(which, by the way, are no more than a Piezo element hooked to a 1/4 jack with some plastic or rubber around it.) It is very esay to hook the piezo's up -they are not even sensitive to which way you wire them (doesn't matter if positive and negative are reversed.)

I wish had taken many people's advice and tried this a long time ago.

[This message has been edited by Lorddiagram (edited 10-08-1999).]

very clever of you. I think I may try that.

I have been using those Radio Shack Piezo's for a while now. You are very correct when you say that they are just like anything else you can buy, for a lot more money or course.

When I use them to trigger gates for tom's on a live kit, I don't even take them out of the black casing. I just get some two sided tape and mount it right on the head by the rim. They are so light that they don't mess up tuning or the resonance of the drum. Also, the casing provides a pretective shield from the errant drum stick.

Ed

Back