Looking just for a clap sound

rence12

A friend of mine has the roland v6 series ( i think)and trying to find a way where he can set up a clap and snare on the same set up, so i was thinking of buying the D4 just to trigger a clap, and ideas, maybe get the Sr 16 and trigger it with the trigger IO ???? any ideas?

Why don't you just use the MIDI out on the V6 to control your favorite DAW with custom MIDI instrument capabilities? It would be fairly easy to set up and it's what I do for all of my MIDI drums. I'm not quite sure how the V6 works with MIDI, but you should be able to sample all of the sounds you want to include in your drum kit and assign them to the notes that correspond with the MIDI commands the V6 sends out when you hit certain pads.

Feel free to PM me if you want to do this or if you have any questions. It only took me an hour or two to teach myself how to do it in Logic. After you've done it once the process becomes easy for any other drum kits you want to create.

thanks for the reply, i was using my power book with ez drummer, and i was trying to get away from bringing my mac to shows.

Hmm... well that's the only solution I can think of unless you wanted to use a different drum module with custom kit capabilieies as a "brain".

Back