alesis support???

chazba

terminally hip
Anybody had experience with alesis support??
I'm trying to order a part for my 3630 and I'm not getting any response from my e-mails to their support address. Save the wisecracks about the 3630....mine is a rev "D" and has all the upgrades and it sounds great. I broke off one of the pots while moving the rack and need to replace it, thats all. I would like to get a set of Burr-Brown chips though. That would put it over the top. Any body know where i can find those???

chazba

Good question. I've heard that all they do is market stuff these days and their support is next to none. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Probably the main reason I haven't bought any more new Alesis products in a looooong time.

OK so I call Alesis and get transferred to the "support #. After about a 15 min hold I get someone and I ask about ordering parts. He transfers me to the "parts #. 2 min later, theparts are ordered and paid for. Done deal. I expect them in 3-5 days. I'll keep you posted on the follow-up.
chazba

I once owned an Alesis GuitarFX stomp box. The instructions for modifying the settings were obviously written by someone who did not speak or write English as his/her primary language. More to the point--important information was omitted from the manual.
When I attempted to contact customer service at the toll-free number in Bollywood, India, I was referred to a toll number and informed I would have an online wait of 30-45 minutes. When I sent an e-mail requesting clarification of the manual I received a snotty reply from someone who identified himself as Richard telling me I was the problem for not understanding a manual written in plain English. When I pointed out that what he referred to as plain English had so many grammatical and punctuation errors that it would receive an "F" if submitted as a Ninth grade writing assignment, he informed me that he did not appreciate my attitude.
Needless to say, I then went to every website that allows posting of user reviews on music equipment and posted very negative reviews concerning both Alesis' lack of quality and customer service.
A week later I received an e-mail from the same twit at Alesis customer service threatening me with a "defamation of character" lawsuit. I told him to bring it on. That was over two years ago and I haven't heard a peep from Alesis since.
Nor have I ever purchased another Alesis product.

If it's under warranty, send it back. They will never sell you parts for a piece that is still under warranty, and neither will an auth'd repair center.

If not under warranty, you will spend $99 bucks on a new one long before you'll ever get anybody to send you the parts......Alesis does not do ANY non-warranty repairs, and the auth centers who do the repairs wont sell you the parts. They want their $100 minimum fee for changing the battery for you!

Of course, the unspopken option here is to ditch anything with that name on it (my choice, and glad I did) and get something with more support.

Can you say "Chapter 7" boys and girls??

good luck.

So here's the latest installment....I got the part ordered and I waited. After a week or so , no part. I called the parts dept and was told that it hadn't been shipped yet, but they assured me that it would go out today (5/08/07)
The part gets here Fri may 11 ....not bad....3 days. I open it up....wrong part I had ordered a 10K pot with "B" taper and I got a 1K pot "B taper". There is a line on the shipper that sez....no refunds...all sales final.
Stay tuned for the next episode.....
chazba

It's monday morning and I call alesis and get transferred to parts. The lady is very nice and apologetic for the mistake. Correct part will be shipped today n/c. They will even pay the shipping.
Thank you very much alesis. We'll see how this plays out on Friday when the part is due to be delivered.

chazba

The part arrived yesterday...no charge and exactly as ordered. Gotta give Alesis credits for jumping in and correcting their mistake asap.

chazba

Alesis Support, They have support?

My Master Controller stopped working after 10 Months and I needed to get an RMA. First of all the phone # listed in my Warranty Instructions is wrong. It now belongs to an Insurance agency. OK, get right phone number from the web, call on a weekday, automated message says my wait time is 12 minutes, 30 minutes later had to hang up and go back to work. Call again and get a tech after bypassing the "press one for an RMA #" message and just pressing zero. All goes smooth until I could not remember the name of the place that I bought the unit from. Told tech I had info at home, he said no problem, he would e-mail me and I could give him the store name via e-mail and would send back an RMA #. No e-mail ever arrived. Sent Alesis an e-mail to follow-up, No response. Called a second time, wait for tech 15 minutes this time.
Explained, again, the situation and this tech wanted to walk me through the trouble shooting process again. Told him been there, done that, I need an RMA# and he said he couldn't give me one unless I went through the trouble shooting process again. Now the unit is already boxed and ready to ship back which I explained to him but he said it didn't matter.
If I knew then what I know now about Alesis I would have never bought their product and I surely won't again.

Back