Alesis Multimix 8, 12, 16 Firewire

46and2

Anyone here use one? I'm thinking about purchasing one, but want to see what peoples opinions are before purchasing.

I've read it uses Dice II firewire technology. Anyone with experience with this?

Any information would be appreciated.

Also, if you use one, my goal is to get 8, 12 or 16 seperate tracks into my computer software program (Music Creator 4) so I can play with each individual track.

Thanks.

- Ray

I have two of the 12 channels and they are the best firewire interface I have ever
seen in that price range.
the preamps are not that great and I wouldn't take it on the road, but for a home
studio it's awesome can record 12 tracks at once for under 500 bucks
also has some built in effects but have not really used them.
also if you get one immediatly update the drivers the ones that come with
are pretty outdated.

Glad to hear it from someone that owns one, or two :)

Just to make sure before I purchase it, you can get 8, 12 or 16 independent tracks on your recording software, right?

I will be sure to get the updated driver as soon as I get it in the studio.

Thanks

Yeah, I found out about the USB one the hard way ( I bought one ). But it was used on ebay for a good price, so i'll just re-sell it and get what I really need.

Anyone else out there use this brand?

I love my multimix 12, no issues at all....but DO get the latest drivers, do not even install the ones that come with it !

i'm using a multimix8 (usb2) and it's pretty good. only problem is, that it has just 4 preamps... drivers...update'em. the preamp-knob has practically no effect until you're past 3 and then it kicks in tremendously...so have an easy hand there...

cheers

Anyone here use one? I'm thinking about purchasing one, but want to see what peoples opinions are before purchasing.

I've read it uses Dice II firewire technology. Anyone with experience with this?

Any information would be appreciated.

Also, if you use one, my goal is to get 8, 12 or 16 seperate tracks into my computer software program (Music Creator 4) so I can play with each individual track.

Thanks.

- Ray
I have one. Works perfect...It's a multimix 16.

Want to buy it? I'll cut you a deal.

Back