Alesis M1 Actives- should I bail?

Alesis Guy

Hi,

Yes we are back and shipping. It is coming back slowly but surely...there are more shipements coming in that we will turn around and get to the dealers as soon as we can without compromising the QC procedures.

We're pushing for end of July for HD24...software is done and solid.

thanks!

Mike

We will see.

It is official now. Alesis is under new ownership and is under the final
phase of their reorganization. It was announced that Jack O'Donnell,
President of Numark Industries LLC, received court approval on May 24, 2001
to acquire all assets of Alesis Studio Electronics and its affiliates for an
undisclosed amount. The company will now accelerate plans for the launch of
its much- anticipated new product line, including the new HD24 Hard Disk
Recorder. In fact, they say they plan to have several products shipping
again by late July.

thats good for the generation that alesis built but whats going to happen to the quality when newmark starts cutting corners on parts and labor.

the reality of these things is that they only use the name to get the share of the market. and put out an inferior product.

so you take full responsibility.

so when I open it up after it breaks down and find the squirell on the wheel has died, you will send me a new one.

I have a good reason not to trust newmark. but alesis has allways been good to me(knock on wood).:eek:

Hmmmm...

What version of squirrel is it? Please download SQRLL2.0 from our website. Version 1.0 of the squirrel had some bugs (actually I think they were ticks, but at least there were 240 per quarter note).

The previous model used Gerbil 1.0, but we found that Squirrel was most robust, and for some reason getting UL approval was easier.:p

Mike

I have a good idea

Since you have tried to answer all the alesis questions on this forum and since you work for alesis. an impartial opinion is in order.

So Im willing to let you ship me absolutely free an HD24 and i will put it through the motions use it 24/7 and give It a review that will sell hundreds of these units.(No need to ship the unit back, It'll just get lost in the mail anyway).

so when someone is wanting to buy one they dont think "Well he's paid to say that"

Looking forward to helping anyway I can.

Wayne

Hi, Wayne,

I'm not sure how to properly say "I can't do that". :confused:

If I could (and we had enough of them to do it) I would.... except for the fact that everyone would ask for the same thing, and it would appear on every BBS this side of Jupiter! ;)

Mike

whats the problem?

Pieces of equipment are sent to reviewers all the time. Just convince them I am a reviewer for this bbs. Our secret will be safe with me.

Since I am the first on you can tell all the other guy there was only one to send.

Looks like you have no excuses now, Ill be waiting by my mailbox.;)

"Looks like you have no excuses now, I'll be waiting by my mailbox."

Oh, Wayne, your timing is impeccable. I have the mother of all excuses..........

Alesis had another big layoff yesterday (June 15th) and this time I got hit....... :mad: :mad: Unbelievable.

My posts now will be as a private user.....

Mike

Sorry to hear the bad news dude. If they knew of all the work you were doing here to help consumer confidence in thier company they would probuly promote you.

:rolleyes:

Actually - it's more than crummy - it plain fuckin' sucks - especially after 5 years!

If I had a 3630, I'd unrack it and use it as a doorstop, just to prove a point and get back at them!!!! ;)

(just trying ta cheer you up!)

:D :D

Bruce that would be good for a start but It wouldnt teach alesis a lesson. This calls for a mass Emailing campaign to the high ups at alesis demanding that no one in this forum will buy another alesis peice untill Mike gets his job back. If enough of us email the Brass at alesis twice a day filling up thier email memory. They might take him back for good

All we need is the right email addresses.

Mike, do you know any that would help out, we can start a thread in the alesis forum. And do this, I would be like a picket line on thier computers.

:cool:

I BELIEVE THAT NEUMARK IS THE WORSE THING THAT COULD HAVE HAPPENED TO ALESIS. I HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO FAITH IN NEUMARK, SINCE I'VE HAD ONLY BAD EXPERIENCES WITH QUALITY AND SUPPORT. WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO ALESIS(NEUMARK COMING IN) IS UNFORTUNATE FOR THE RECORDING INDUSTRY, ALESIS AND IT'S LEGACY(BEST BANG FOR YOUR BUCK) AND MOST IMPORTANTLY THE CONSUMERS. NEUMARK WILL RUIN ALESIS, AS IT'S OBVIOUS THAT THEY HAVE NO INTENTIONS TO CONTINUE TO OFFER IT'S CONSUMERS ROCK SOLID TECHNOLOGY DRIVEN PRODUCTS. I FOR ONE WILL PUT MY MONEY IN THE POCKETS OF AN ORGANIZAION, WHICH RESPONDS TO MY NEEDS. I ASSURE IT'S NOT GOING TO BE THE ALESIS/NEUMARK CLAN.

I WISH YOU THE VERY BEST MIKE. YOUR LEVEL OF CUSTOMER SUPPORT HAS TO BE COMMENDED.

GABRIEL..

Hi, everyone,

After reflecting on this a bit (and after talking to some colleagues/friends still there), I'm not sure the email idea is the way to go for two reasons:

1. I don't want to whine for my job back and
2. From what I am hearing over there, I am not sure I want it back at this time, when things are still turbulent.

That said, I cannot express how much I appreciate the email offer from you. You certainly have put a spin on the term Customer Support....as in: Customer Support "of" the Support guy (rather than "from"). It has certainly shown me once again that if you just help the customer and show them some respect, they will appreciate it and it will come back to you in some way.

Sincerely,

Mike Nicoletti

Back