alesis 2216 16 channel studio mixer

ryanlikestorock

Does anyone have a picture or description of this mixer? Someone is selling it in my area and I'm wondering what it's all about. The price is right, so I'm curious.

The price is actually exactly $250 - Canadian... so, a bit less than that if you want to do the exchange rate. Why so cheap? It looks like a decent mixer.

The 1622 is an early Alesis mixer design. Lots of stuff crammed into a small space. Faders have a bad feel. Mixer is expensive to repair as most parts are circuit board mounted. Doesn't sound that great. Spend a little more $ and get something better.

I talked the guy down to $200. I'm not sure I can leave it there for that. I'll take a few days to think it over. Thanks for your help.

If you can get it for $200 CDN and you need a mixer badly, go ahead and buy it and use it until you can't use it anymore. Try to test the inputs , outputs, pots, faders before you hand over cash. If it holds up and works for you, that's all you can hope for. No other opinion really matters, except your own.

I'm having second thoughts now. My uncle owns a music store and for $500-ish, he can get me a brand new awesome job. Maybe I'll just hold out for that.

ryan, browse this messageboard, run the search engine on mixers and other gear, increase your knowledge base and then decide. Buying used isn't always better or always worse than new. Buying new doesn't ensure good, reliable gear. Check out here and at http://messageboard.tapeop.com and then decide what gear is best for you. Alesis makes and has made decent gear, but their mixers have not earned good reputations.

Thank you. I'm fairly new to the world of buying mixers. I have one really old mono Yamaha job that is probably among the worst mixers ever. Needless to say, I haven't used it since I was 15.

I have the 1622. The eq sucks, (only high and low shelf) Faders are very flimsy and cheap feeling. The pre's (only 8 of them) work I suppose but surely there is better. The thing weighs about 4 lbs so its mostly plastic. If something breaks, you're screwed cause it's all mounted on 1 large circuit board. I bought a 32 channel Sountracs so this one has been sent to the practice room. It work ok for a monitor board.

Back