ADAT fire port. Any owners?

deepwater

I have an HD24 and was wondering if the new Fireport was worth the money? Also, if you dumped your first 24 tracks to your computer and then recoded some more to dump latter how would time sync them in the computer for mix down (ie word clock or midi)?

FIREPORT NOW SHIPPING

So far so good
It only works on PC's for now

Will run some test this week
I will post my findings

Cheers

Hi prev - how's the test coming?

Actually I emailed an Alesis dealer in the UK yesterday and asked him about shipping dates for the fireport and he said, "What's a Fireport? Is it made by Alesis?"

Also i'm Mac based, so I guess I'll have to wait a little longer for the Mac version. Mind you if it works on PC, I can usually get it to work on Mac :) Actually, going on past stresses, I'd better wait.

Hopefully transfering files will be easier, as well as faster and also mean back-up of projects to DVD - much neater than a stack of caddied hard drives.

Anyway, Keep us posted on those tests.

Stu

It works
It really does

i dumped all my tracks converted it to .wav and imported it in my nuendo.....a great addition to my set up

Prev...

Horray!

I've just read on the Alesis site that the Fireport now ships with PC AND Mac software. It doesn't say which Mac OS's are supported though. I'll keep you posted.

Stu :)

I've got the fireport because I mixed several sessions that were recorded on an hd24... That thing was fast! Transferred all 24 tracks in about the time it would take to listen to the song.

I never had any problems and I'm glad I bought it.

Jeremy

Back