Ableton Lite"Failed to open Audio Device"

Heymate

View attachment New Picture (1).bmp

Help if you can! My Focusrite 212 has the correct drivers installed but Live Lite cannot open them. From the drop down menu (ASIO) it shows the 212 Interface but then this pops up."Failed to open Audio Device..... I reloaded the drivers at least 10 times and am ready to try and reinstall Lite but that has it's own drama! Kind of a newbie and ready to give up..Ableton is so overwhelming after using Fostex stuff for 30 years. :( I do not want to give up so any advice would be helpful. BTW Windows 7 OS. I had configured the audio hardware correctly about 2 months ago but this just happened for no reason. Tried a System Restore also :(
Thankyou so much for reading....Heymate

View attachment 75287

Help if you can! My Focusrite 212 has the correct drivers installed but Live Lite cannot open them. From the drop down menu (ASIO) it shows the 212 Interface but then this pops up."Failed to open Audio Device..... I reloaded the drivers at least 10 times and am ready to try and reinstall Lite but that has it's own drama! Kind of a newbie and ready to give up..Ableton is so overwhelming after using Fostex stuff for 30 years. :( I do not want to give up so any advice would be helpful. BTW Windows 7 OS. I had configured the audio hardware correctly about 2 months ago but this just happened for no reason. Tried a System Restore also :(
Thankyou so much for reading....Heymate

Damn I use the focusrite 18i6 with no problem...I know you reinstalled everything but have you reinstalled Live again?

It is Live Lite 8 isnt it?

Try uninstalling the drivers, restarting Windows and reinstalling the drivers. Find the original instructions for installing the drivers. In some cases you may need to start Windows with the device disconnected, install some software, connect the device then install the drivers.

(The above suggestion applies to WinXP but maybe it will carry over to Win7.)

Thank you so much. I have uninstalled the Focusrite drivers as Bouldersoundguy recommended in every combination!! I have not reinstalled Live Lite yet. Maybe that advice is good from "iseedeafpeople" It was working a few weeks back. BTW I feel less alone now..you guys are great!

Just an update. I re formated the computer, reinstalled Live and it now recognizes the audio, :)
Bump.

I had the same issue on Windows 7. If it's still helpful to anyone, the sequencing was important during my install:
1) Installing the most recent driver and Ableton Live Lite 9
2) Pysically connect the Focusrite device. This triggered the plug-n-play installation of the driver
3) Restart the machine with the Focusrite device still connected
4) Open Ableton -> Preferences -> Audio
5) Select Driver Type: ASIO
6) Select Audio Device: Focusrite USB 2.0 Audio Driver

After this, I didn't get the error message anymore, and all the fields below showed up

Back