Ableton with addictive drums playing live problem

Sluggo4242

I'm just stacking stems into arrangement view of our logic recordings for backing trax.
Running dmxis to control lights from midi. (It's cool)
We reproduce tempos to match exactly so tempos vary a lot, but the midi imports of the lights runs tempos correctly.
I do not use the session page, I just insert locators and assign to keyboard to bump through songs.

My problem is, I don't know how to get addictive drums to change patches from song to song, other than loading 10 different kits in, and just using volume automation to turn up the kit I'm going to use for the song.

Mainstage would let me set up a kit for each song, but we couldn't run midi to trigger lights and external guitar axFX. So we are forced to use ableton.
I'm a relative newbie with it, so any thoughts on how to change addictive drum kits from song to song would be greatly appreciated.

I'm trying to love ableton, but my partner hates it. Thinks it's too difficult.
I personally think it could be the deal...

Thanks in advance for your thoughts...
Slugger

There are various options here. First, as a VST you should be able to map to a controller a way to page through the kits (you will have to look at addictive and Ableton. I know it can be done, you will just have to figure out the best way to do it.

I use the APC40 and you get a lot of control with it in Ableton. The new Push they have I am sure you can get a lot more control since they developed the hardware. If you are working with scenes, even if you have to load 10 kits, it would only be triggered for that scene. So, that shouldn't be an issue.

To really use Ableton well in a live setting, a controller is almost essential. The APC40, Push, there are others, they even have foot controllers, but this will make Ableton much easier to use.

I agree, but I can't see a way to page thru AD

And I can find an answer anywhere which makes me think it can't be done. How could that be?

Back