Yet another studio monitors question thread

gabehwkns

I know there are a lot of these threads and I apologize if this particular pair has been discussed before. (I searched the forum and it did not appear that they had been)
Basically, I'm in the market for some studio monitors. Up to this point, I've just been using some Marshall headphones plugged into my Line 6 UX2 interface. I was looking at the M-Audio STUDIOPHILE AV 40 Red Edition on Musicians Friend and overall the reviews seemed positive. I do value the opinions of those of you on this forum though, so what do you think? Would these be worth it for the price? I'm no professional audio engineer, but I'd like to be able to make a decent enough mix to share with people and the headphones are just not cutting it as you can imagine.

Also, if on the off chance you happen to know, would I have any issues using these in conjunction with my Line 6 UX2?

I have the UX2, and got some used KRKV6 for $200 plugged in. But the UX2 will be fine with any of the speakers.

The 4" speakers seem light on the bass from the reviews I read, 4" driver is the reason. OF all the articles I have read, 6" is a good nearfield. If your doing vocal and acoustic , idk.

If you think about it,
8" driver is ok, better bass ...but getting near MidField.

6-7" often recommended.

most 5" users want to add sub sooner or later. which was my exp, a huge improvement adding the sub

3" and 4" drivers? idk

as many say the monitor is the most important gear of the setup because thats what you base your decisions from.

Back