Yamaha fs1r value

Hi all. Just was wondering what a fair asking price is for my very mint Yamaha fs1r rack-synth would be as i am ending my home studio.
I've seen some wild west prices on eBay,.
Just checked it, put in a new battery, and did a factory reset. Eprom version 1.2, the latest it seems.
Bought it new in 2001, and it has not been used very much, looks like new, non smoker..
All manuals, CDs and original packaging present, 50-60Hz, 220-240 volts Euro connector. Thanks. F

I vaguely remember this back then, as an odd duck, albeit a great-sounding resurgence of the FM/DX7 days. I was heavily invested in the old DX7 days and still love FM synthesis sounds. Korg has a native version of the Opsix that keeps me in that world from time to time. Anyway, I'd think the value of this piece would have to be in the rare collectible category. I wouldn't think it'd be competitive, at least sonically, with the titanic number of FM soft synths that are out there these days. A quick check on the local trades here has one for roughly $1000.00, and another for $1500.00. Obviously, that is a collector's price tag. Good luck with the sale!

Back