Which one is better ?

SaharLP

Hello everyone :)
I want to buy a microphone. I found two items for the same price but with different specifications.

Microphone N#1 :

Microphone Dimensions 9.7mm x 4.5 mm
Sensitivity -58dB ± 2dB
Directivity Omni-directional
Impedance ≤2.2kΩ
Frequency Range 20Hz-20kHz
Cord Length 2 m
Plug Type 3.5 mm

Microphone N#2 :

Type Mini capacitive microphone
Material ABS plastic
Microphone Unit 10x7 mm
Sensitivity Minus 38 ± 4 dB
Electric Wire 2.0mm ± 10%
Contact Pin 3.5mm
Compatibility Desktop and notebook computers

Can you please tell me which one is better ?
Thanks

No. Both are total rubbish and only useful (maybe) for something like a conversation on Skype.

Seriously, those specifications are more or less meaningless in technical terms and are designed more to look impressive to neophytes rather than give useful information.

What do you want a mic for and what's your budget? Maybe we can recommend something better.

...or maybe you just want something for talking on Skype in which case it probably doesn't matter which one you buy.

Seriously, even if you were comparing two $5,000 mikes (these obviously aren't) we couldn't give good advice unless we knew what the purpose of the mike IS.

Voice/Guitar/Singing/Close Miking/Drum Overhead/????? Too many options

Thanks for your answers, and yes I want just to use them to record my voice for youtube videos. I don't need a high quality microphone, but I see that the specifications are different for the same price ?

Bobbsy is correct. These are pretty bad. it would be a waste of money IMO. What EQ are you using? What are you trying to accomplish? and what is your budget? Thanks

Hello, I want just to do commentary videos while playing games (let's play videos), I just need something that will record my voice well without noise. Do you think one of these microphones will do the job ? Thanks :)

Back