Wheres the stereo playback on acid 7?????

kennyboy37

OK OK Maybe I am dumb but I can't get my Sony Acid 7.0 to playback stereo.I may not even be recording stereo,though I have everything set to record stereo and I hear stereo out of my headphones which is hooked up to my Mackie 1642VLZ analog board.
I am running windows xp pro with the microsoft mapper set to default.I see 2 channels in the track but they both look the same as far as I can tell.And you guessed it,it's a mono signal being played back.So what am I doing wrong?????:confused:

What instruments did you record? If it's all mono signals like guitar or mics, you use the pan knobs to create the stereo soundfield. If all the pan pots are set to their center positions, the mix of mono signals will be mono. For stereo instruments like synths, you would pan the left channel all the way to the left and the right channel all the way to the right.

Been there done that....I am recording a song off Utube which is a stereo song.....I see 2 tracks but they appear to be a duplicate of each other even when I pan left and right on the master.When I enlarge,I set the microsoft mapper to default.Which I am guessing should be a stereo playback

Back