What's goin' on with everybody

Ah.... springtime in Augusta. It's time for The Masters.

It turns out that the new Sony TV that I bought has a browser app, and I'm able to watch the live stream from the Masters. I was originally going to just feed the computer to the TV, but I don't need to worry about that.

Since we're getting rain, and I'm not able to play this morning, this works out perfectly.

Meanwhile, back at the peppers . . .

Has anyone tried the new top dog Pepper-X ? I've been looking for a source for whole peppers, but all I've found are seeds and sauces. I've been making "teas" with Thai and Chiltepin peppers, then using those to make rice or pasta - really adds zing to them. I'd like to take it up a few notches with the Pepper-X.

Whats up with the Ali and Temu guitars? People ever buy these? I m curious about the Rick's 12er's..at 90% off ? Hmmm. No.

View attachment 138046
I've got one! A couple of years back I was doing a show with the Searchers (UK 60s band) and took it along as they feature 12 string Rickenbackers in their 'sound' - John McNally - their guitarist had a go. It sounded almost the same, but was harder to play as the string spacing was narrower and the thick and thin strings on mine are cut the wrong way around. Still sounds good though.

Attachments

• IMG_4594.JPG
    IMG_4594.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_4595.JPG
    IMG_4595.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 4
. . . It sounded almost the same, but was harder to play as the string spacing was narrower and the thick and thin strings on mine are cut the wrong way around. . .
That's terrible. Almost wouldn't have noticed that at all. I checked out the Harley Benton model and it's reversed as your guitar. The real Rick is opposite - thick/thin. Does it feel weird as you strum? Is the nut so specific for the string setup that a new one would be required to flip them around?

Yep - as soon as John mentioned the reversal I tried to swap but the grooves are cut to match the string diameter - so a new nut would be needed. I'd never spotted it was looking down, supposed to be thick then thin! I have an old acoustic 12 string and the neck is quite wide and pressing strings down is quite hard but the electric is much easier to play. The other thing is the 'R' on the tail piece - it's also wrong. I'll do a video on it if people are interested. It stays in tune, sounds quite nice and plays fine - it's quite pretty too being the red colour.

I picked up one of these at an estate sale today for fifty bucks. She fires up, now all I have to do is figure it out from there and see if it works and what I can use it for?dt.jpg

Its Ky Derby time.

In my hometown, we have a little horse race that occurs in a couple of weeks. It's the 150dth running. There's a party that kicked off today, starting with an air show, drone show and ends with a 30 minute fireworks show that uses two barges in the river and a half mile long bridge. They call it Thunder Over Louisville.

fire2.jpg

fire 3.jpg

fire 6.jpg

Yeah, Lou!

I love the 500 as well. My first was in '73. I went every year for about 10 years, and I still watch every one. I'm heading down to Barber Motorsports Park next weekend for the Indy car race there.

Yeah, Lou!

I love the 500 as well. My first was in '73. I went every year for about 10 years, and I still watch every one. I'm heading down to Barber Motorsports Park next weekend for the Indy car race there.
The 500 is on my bucket list. Been watching it since it was on tape delay Sunday evening broadcast. Jim McKay and Jackie Stewart. I've been to St. Pete the last two years - have some relatives nearby - and I used to go to Loudon when they ran here. It's right down the road from me. As I enter retirement I am looking at some road trip possibilities. I'll be watching Barber. Wave.

I’m a huge fan of the NCAA basketball tournament. Love watching some small school get in or watching a number one seed get knocked off early. You just never know.

I’m a huge fan of the NCAA basketball tournament. Love watching some small school get in or watching a number one seed get knocked off early. You just never know.
It's funny about sports and being a fan. The one's I played as a kid I really don't like watching. Basketball, baseball, soccer. The ones I didn't play - American football and hockey - are the ones I am most interested in watching. Still team sports though. I've always been more interested in singular competitions; motor racing, skiing, golf and tennis. Mano a mano Baby, that's for me.

Back