Want honest opinions on vocal

Mheinen

Hey all.
Sang something real quick w guitar into my phone.
No warmups or any of that.
Just looking for honest feedback from others on whether my singing in this sounds any good.
I figure if this sounds alright then id sound good after warming up, vocal lessons might help, etc etc
Honest opinions please- if youre being honest then dont worry about hurting my feelings or any of that- id rather find out the honest truth :)
Thx for your time in advance
Matt

Your pitch is off here and there, but most of the people have that problem.. but with a little bit of practice your singing will be pretty good, it's good now too. I'm not an expert but it sounds good to me and would sound even better with practice. Good choice of song though, your voice fits that genre.. Btw, your voice kinda reminds me of some other singer I think, but I can't remember who..

DeniSings-

Thanks for the encouraging words.
If Im around ppl that are playing guitar and singing, Id like to have an idea of whether or not i should take a turn or if itd be better for me to just be a listener- for everyones sake lol.

Pitch, practice is worth it, good genre- got it.
Thx again.
-Matt

DeniSings-

Thanks for the encouraging words.
If Im around ppl that are playing guitar and singing, Id like to have an idea of whether or not i should take a turn or if itd be better for me to just be a listener- for everyones sake lol.

Pitch, practice is worth it, good genre- got it.
Thx again.
-Matt

Definitely sing man, I doubt anyone will judge you and your singing, and if they do f*ck them and keep doing what you love :D

Btw, can you check out any of my other songs that I posted in my thread, there's a lot of different ones which I would need some feedback with.. thanks in advance

DenniSings-

Sure thing. Will check some of yours out soon and give you some feedback.
Ill give you my honest opinion, even if it isnt pleasant. I think* thats how id want to be treated.

Yeah singing for joy etc is def something that everyone can do and who cares if ppl judge-

I guess I look at it like I dont want to be the guy who wastes time developing his singing voice, drops $5k on producing demos moves to nashville etc when singing or songwriting isnt one of his gifts and he isnt meant to do that with his life.
Could say screw what ppl think about my singing off key...and basically waste time and money but im not going to do that :)

Like a fat 5' tall guy trying to be in the nba...im not saying its impossible...but why waste time on that goal? Especially if hes really good at something else and basically made to do that other thing... hed be better off spending time developing what hes made to do you know?

As far as just for fun goes- i look at it more like i dont want to be that guy thats singing makes everyone sorta cringe inside bc its off key etc.

Also dont want to be the guy that doesnt have a clue that hes off key or tone deaf or whatever and either doesnt get told so by 'nice' people or is oblivious to it and cluelessly hurts others ears then pats himself on the back lol.

Some ppl wont tell the full truth to you about something like your singing being bad bc they dont want to be jerks, but they might say something to someone else, or possibly to you if theyre really close friend fam or an anonymous stranger that will be honest and wont feel like a 'bad guy' for telling you straight up.

Thx for your feed back :)
Will check yours out and post some feedback.

Matt

DenniSings-

Sure thing. Will check some of yours out soon and give you some feedback.
Ill give you my honest opinion, even if it isnt pleasant. I think* thats how id want to be treated.

Yeah singing for joy etc is def something that everyone can do and who cares if ppl judge-

I guess I look at it like I dont want to be the guy who wastes time developing his singing voice, drops $5k on producing demos moves to nashville etc when singing or songwriting isnt one of his gifts and he isnt meant to do that with his life.
Could say screw what ppl think about my singing off key...and basically waste time and money but im not going to do that :)

Like a fat 5' tall guy trying to be in the nba...im not saying its impossible...but why waste time on that goal? Especially if hes really good at something else and basically made to do that other thing... hed be better off spending time developing what hes made to do you know?

As far as just for fun goes- i look at it more like i dont want to be that guy thats singing makes everyone sorta cringe inside bc its off key etc.

Also dont want to be the guy that doesnt have a clue that hes off key or tone deaf or whatever and either doesnt get told so by 'nice' people or is oblivious to it and cluelessly hurts others ears then pats himself on the back lol.

Some ppl wont tell the full truth to you about something like your singing being bad bc they dont want to be jerks, but they might say something to someone else, or possibly to you if theyre really close friend fam or an anonymous stranger that will be honest and wont feel like a 'bad guy' for telling you straight up.

Thx for your feed back :)
Will check yours out and post some feedback.

Matt

If you were a bad singer, I wouldn't really encourage you to keep on singing, ofcourse I would if it was in your free time, but no publicly, lying doesn't help anyone.. lots of people went to audition to various talent shows because people told them they were great singers, but they weren't even close to that, that's why I appreciate honesty without false encouragement..

Got ya

Thanks for that. I can tell youre not just being a 'yes man'

Ya misinformation would waste time for someone considering a talent show for sure! Telling the truth in a loving way is always best-even if they dont thank you- they may thank you later!

Back