Vocal Track Issues

Linfern Studio

Hi everyone sorry if i've posted this in the wrong area I'm new to the forum!

Basically I have done a home recording from scratch and the tracks sounding good however i'm having trouble with the vocals. The tone of the vocals to me sounds good and clear but no matter what i try there seems to be a sort of hiss sound in the background. The recording was done over 5 takes and there are edits from each and all are affected. The recording environment was fine and there was no room/floor noise. I am unsure what the issue is but I can't seem to get rid of it at all tried plugins like x-noise and NS-1 and they help but seriously affect the vocal tone.

Anyone experienced anything like this before or have any ideas?

Thanks!

Hi there,
First thing to do is find out what track the hiss is on. Is it definitely the vocal track?
Next, find out if it's recorded hiss or if it's being generated by a plugin. Might sound strange but the waves plugs with 'analog settings' introduce hiss, especially the H-delay.

Start there and let us know how you go. :)

is it constant? an EQ sweep of the soloed hissing track might help pinpoint where/what it is. what are you recording into/with?

You posted a week ago and many members tried to help you, please reply, not cool man!

Anyway if you're going to read this, if you don't find the reason of what is generating the sound and you're sure it's in the wav file,
then use izotope rx. Chances are you may fix this, since waves plugins didn't help for this particular issue.

Back