USB

Bugman

I have a Tascam DP 02 CF. I recorded my song tracks onto a master but when I tried to export to my windows 10 computer it would not recognize
my Tascam . Because this model is discontinued I cannot download its drivers.
Anyone have a solution?

I believe the DP-02CF doesn't require a driver for this. When it's connected to your PC it appears as another drive - like a USB stick, smartphone, etc. When connected, you will have to "open" it's system so your PC can read it's files.

Don't want to be rude but have you RTFM'ed? The manual only covers USB 'dumps' up to Vista (Bleugh!) no mention of W7 or beyond so you might be stuffed there?
Two alternatives come to mind.
1) burn track to CD. If .wav at 16 bits 44.1kHz that SHOULD play on anything and most DAWs can then rip it to hard drive.
2)I think the DP 02CF can save to an SD card? If so do that. If you don't have a card slot on your PC a USB2.0 adapter is a couple of quid but a USB 3.0 jobby is much faster.

Justfort, will look. Some of those old ducks had a S/PDIF digital output. A converter to analogue is no mad money.

Ha! Ha! Yes it DO have S/PDIF out! It is optical (Toslink I bet) I shall now lookey see for a suitable converter.
https://productadvisor.com/product/techole-digital-to-analog-audio-converter I have one of those decoding the output of my telly into Tannoy 5As, sounds great.
Dave.

Last edited:
The DP02CF doesn't use SD cards, it uses the old Compact Flash, which are getting rare. You should still be able to find a card reader on Ebay or Amazon.

I have an old Yamaha AW1600 which operates in a similar way. No drivers are needed. Simply plug into the USB port on a WIn10 computer and it shows up as external drives.

The DP02CF doesn't use SD cards, it uses the old Compact Flash, which are getting rare. You should still be able to find a card reader on Ebay or Amazon.

I have an old Yamaha AW1600 which operates in a similar way. No drivers are needed. Simply plug into the USB port on a WIn10 computer and it shows up as external drives.
Ah yes! I bought one of those for an old Cannon camera, size of an after 8 mint for just a few hundred MEGA bytes! Now you get 128 gigs on a fingernail.

It seems then Rich if OP looks at the book he should be able to dump his data?

Dave.

I have a Tascam DP 02 CF. I recorded my song tracks onto a master but when I tried to export to my windows 10 computer it would not recognize
my Tascam . Because this model is discontinued I cannot download its drivers.
Anyone have a solution?
@spantini is correct - don't need drivers - it's a hard drive and will be recognized as such.

Back