Trim vs. Volume????

If you are using the ADAT for converters, it has to be in sync with all the other digital equipment it is connected to.

You have to set the ADAT to be the master or the slave. IF you don't use it all the time, you should set the soundcard to be the master clock and the ADAT to slave to it. I haven't seen an ADAT in 15 years, so I can't remember how to do this, but there is a way to select the clock.

The choices will be 'internal' and 'lightpipe' or 'external'. You want external through the lightpipe. (there might be a 3rd option that has to do with syncing multiple ADATs together, that isn't it)

The trim control in Sonar shouldn't effect the recording level. If it does, it won't do you any good. Anything that can be controled through software happens AFTER the signal has gone through the converters and has been digitized. By that time, it is too late to get the gain staging correct on the analog side. (which is where your problem is)

Simple and logical, and should have been obvious. But I never thought that one through. Thanks.

Back