to record vocal in ACID PRO 7

masif322

hi
how to record a vocal in ACID 7.0 ?
I can record but donot hear any sound after recording..... help please ?

Any one using it ?
cheers

Acid pro help

Hi dear
thanks for your interest .... I have EDIROL UA-4FX audio interface , with TOSHIBA LAPTOP....... I can see that waveform is formed in ACID track when i record vocal that means audio interface is OK signal is going to ACID and it is recording it ---- after that when I play it not SOUND AT ALL..... i removed the EDIROL interface and then directly plugged the mic in the laptop sound card still same result --- track was recorded but no play back .......
I hope this will help you understand -----
cheers

If your recording theough the EDIROL then you'll need to also playback through the edirol or after recording go back to preferences and set the audio device back to computers onboard sound card. ACID can't use two different sound cards at the same time

Some other things:
1) If you are using a dynamic mic like an SM 57 it needs a LOT of gain from the preamp you need to be using an XLR cable into the XLR port or you will probably bypass the preamps and get a miniscule signal in. Once plugged in a dynamic is probably going to need the input gain/volume turned all the way up.
If you are using a condensor mic make sure phantom power is on and that you are plugged into the XLR port

2) make sure you are recding in mono. Acid often defaults to stereo and if you are only using one mic it will only record to one chanel giving you half a sound.

3) recorded audio is quiet. solo the track and turn it all the way up see if you can hear anything

Back