Thump my kick, buzzing sound hissing issue

homeuseruser

hi,
I'm sending the audio left master output from my novation drumstation to the input of a alesis 3630 thump machine,
I would like to send the novation sound (kick drum 808/909) to my soundcraft efx12 to add some gain and then send the audio to the alesis 3630 and then
send the output of the alesis to the input of my apogee duet 1, that is connected to ableton live.
Everything is working as expected and I am exploring the possibilities of the audio,
BUT, as soon as I plug in cable output of the soundcraft mixer to the alesis, there is a buzzing hissing high end sound going through the alesis to the duet to my monitor speakers.

Do you have any ideas how to get rid of this sound ?
It disappears if I connect without soundcraft mixer.

thanks for your replies

What are your Alesis Compressor settings? More than likely you need to set your Alesis Gain structure to match your SoundCraft.

I have gain ouput on mono alesis 75%,
There is always a hiss, as soon as i plug the 3630. I did read that drumstation is a noisy equipment

connect the drum station to a channel by a DI box, then use an insert cable to connect the 3630 into that channel.
I find that I have to run a DI box from these modules from any output it uses.

hi,
I'm sending the audio left master output from my novation drumstation to the input of a alesis 3630 thump machine,
I would like to send the novation sound (kick drum 808/909) to my soundcraft efx12 to add some gain and then send the audio to the alesis 3630 and then
send the output of the alesis to the input of my apogee duet 1, that is connected to ableton live.
Everything is working as expected and I am exploring the possibilities of the audio,
BUT, as soon as I plug in cable output of the soundcraft mixer to the alesis, there is a buzzing hissing high end sound going through the alesis to the duet to my monitor speakers.

Do you have any ideas how to get rid of this sound ?
It disappears if I connect without soundcraft mixer.

thanks for your replies
Send the Novation to the Soundcraft Efx12 - Patch the 3630 into the Insert Point - then send your output of your mixer to the Apogee
Or insert the 3630 and send the output of the 3630 to the Apogee.

Last edited:
thanks a lot for the replies
ok I will try DI or insert, I just got a Golden age pre 73 Jr that has a DI on the front, and have some behringer DI somewhere.

Back