The next generation of musicians -- revival of a virtuosic legacy?

Frank would approve of the first song.

The musicianship is top notch. I was surprised they have an audience with the first
esoteric sounding song. I skimmed the rest of the songs, and they sound more presentable / marketable by today's standards.

I got an Elvis vibe before they played a single note. The first song I thought they were going to break into CC rider or something. Must be something to do with the stage presentation. In another lifetime, I played in an Elvis tribute band, maybe I'm tuned into it.

Strange band, but very, very talented.

Definitely nothing around in the 70;s when I was going to concerts seeing new artists.
Not that its better or worse, but its new approach and the crowd seems to love it, even tossed in Blackbird and Queen and maybe others.
He really has crowd participation and that doesnt happen unless the fans are deep into the artists product usually....right?

Im old, so Blackbird was Paul, but this version is really science fiction with much more crowd participation? hard to describe.

I had seen a few of his videos, one was really good. Harmony explained to a level 1 school kids, up to him playing with a legend at level 5, using language I didn’t even understand. I didn’t know he did live stuff. Amazing gig, and he’s clearly a powerhouse of talent and seems a genuinely nice guy and open, like the brit scientist Brian Cox, having the knack of appealing to all ages and levels. It’s hard to listen to, and very clever. I often watch live stuff and think about if I could stand in for one of the band members. I often think I could. Not with this guy! His entire band were really, really good musicians. All those time sig and tempo changes? I’d get lost. Especially because unlike normal music, you have no idea where the chords are going. You get to the end and know the next chord will Ab and it goes somewhere else like a note from Db13 or something!!

Next Generation? He's really good - but to get a 'virtuosic legacy' you have to establish a legacy through time - and
he hasn't put in the time yet.

Next Generation? He's really good - but to get a 'virtuosic legacy' you have to establish a legacy through time -
By that I meant that he was building on the legacy of past "giants" -- maybe "heritage" would have been a better word. Still --
and
he hasn't put in the time yet.
he's been at it since 2011, and the fact that he's been able to build that kind of following despite
was surprised they have an audience with the first
esoteric sounding song.
perhaps demonstrates that if you're really good at something, people will take notice, regardless of your idiosyncrasies. "If you build it, they (sic) will come."

Back