That 80's vocal backup sound

Yes. :(

(Hehe...It didn't even cross my mind that it could have been about the search when i typed that. LOL! That's funny. )

Big background vocals? Without real singers or time available you might try the Digitech Vocalist Live Pro that I've used for years on my own and others. Luckily the word Background is key so as long as you learn to mix them right, you can get a really big sound. The only way to use it is with a midi keyboard, the algorithm for just singing without midi info is hit or miss.

When you get to the part, play the chords for the song and sing the lead again (don't mix in the lead, you can if it works), the machine will make harmonies from the chords. In the unit you can change the gender and what type of harmony (3/5,octave up or down for each of four voices), panning, etc.. Change these parameters and do as many times as you like for stereo harmonies that get big fast.

It takes awhile to learn the unit (it's a read the manual). You can have 4 voices each time and have individual outputs if you like but you can mix those right on the unit. Just a thought for home recordist. I used to sing every part which is long, long process and is still an option.

TKeefe | Free Listening on SoundCloud

Last edited:
Back