TC Electronics Nova repeater.

dogooder

This was awhile back. I had bought the TC Nova Repeater. I have to go on stage that night. Not much time to go, I play it, sounds great.
In the middle of the first set my whole rig goes completely dead except for the amp. Had to stop, took about twenty minutes to trouble shoot.
Turns out there is a kill button on it, and by kill they mean it, I though it was just another bypass and hadn't checked it's function.
I tell the wife what happened and she suggests gluing a bottle cap over it. Legitimate solution.
I finally call TC Electronics and I get whoever on the phone and ask them what their engineers were thinking?
I told them I cannot recommend this pedal to anyone because of this feature despite that it sounds good.
This is no shit, he says to me, maybe you can glue a bottle cap over it.
Needless to say, the Nova Repeater is gone and replaced with a Strymon Timeline and the Nova went to some sucker on ebay.

Last edited:
Music equipment designers are seldom music equipment USERS! The FBV Express pedal I have for my Line 6 amp has 4 buttons to select the 4 channels of presets that you select (on the amp by bank). Simple enough, except they are set up with A & B above C & D, and they are fairly close together (square pedals, not simple on-off switches). Easy enough, except pressing 2 pedals together (A + B or C+ D) starts/stops the amp's looper function! Way too easy to hit A + B and not realizing you are recording the loop, then select C or D channel and the looper starts playing back! Only ever happened during band practice, and now I am no longer doing band gigs.

Only ever happened during band practice, and now I am no longer doing band gigs.
What really cracked me up about was when the guy on phone said you could glue a bottle cap over it. Exactly what my wife said.
I started laughing and told him, that's what my wife said.
She should be tech support for TC.

I have two Alesis QS8 88 key synths. I bought one for 125.00 that had two keys out. I had already opened up my other one and
fixed the same problem. I open this one up, they are about a year apart and there is this metal channel about 8 inches wide that
runs the whole length of the chassis with a thin metal strip with pem nuts in it that you have to slide in through the side and line up
with holes in the front that lock in the front. It must have added ten lbs to the keyboard and was totally not needed in the other one?
I wonder how long it took them to figure that out?

Music equipment designers are seldom music equipment USERS! The FBV Express pedal I have for my Line 6 amp has 4 buttons to select the 4 channels of presets that you select (on the amp by bank). Simple enough, except they are set up with A & B above C & D, and they are fairly close together (square pedals, not simple on-off switches). Easy enough, except pressing 2 pedals together (A + B or C+ D) starts/stops the amp's looper function! Way too easy to hit A + B and not realizing you are recording the loop, then select C or D channel and the looper starts playing back! Only ever happened during band practice, and now I am no longer doing band gigs.
I have the FBV Express pedal for my Flextone III.
Took me ages to work out how hard you have to press the pedal to switch it from volume control to wah function.

I have the FBV Express pedal for my Flextone III.
Took me ages to work out how hard you have to press the pedal to switch it from volume control to wah function.
Yeah, you've got to stand up and put some weight on it, that's for sure!

On the other hand, my ancient Morley Wah-Volume pedal (which still works after 30 years) has an easy to use toggle switch to switch between modes. Morley = smart design!

Yeah, you've got to stand up and put some weight on it, that's for sure!

On the other hand, my ancient Morley Wah-Volume pedal (which still works after 30 years) has an easy to use toggle switch to switch between modes. Morley = smart design!
I had one of them it was cool, but now I have a cry baby and a dunlop VP, no switching in between, I have found that to be much simpler.

Back