Tascam M30 submix and panning

olimax84

As someone who has used very straightforward hardware/daw mixers in the past, I find the M30 to be somewhat difficult to grasp. That may be because there's something actually wrong with mine or maybe I'm just not understanding how it works. The main issue is the submix. I've got audio coming into the mixer, direct out into my teac 80-8, back into the m30 tape in, and I'm listening to the recording in the submix section as it's recording. The submix only has audio on the right side in the mid pan position and nothing panned left. Same for all 8 channels in the submix section. There's actually 2 different cards with 4 channels on each so seems weird to have both cards with the same issue.

Another issue is the channel pan. None of them do anything. The 4 monitor buss pans DO in fact work though. That being said, the submix pans do in fact work as well, there's just no signal on the left... hmmm....

The mixer was made for Japan, so 100VAC. I wired a 120v-20v transformer to buck down to 100VAC to be safe.

There was a post from another guy on here that had a similar problem but the thread ended without being solved.

I've attached the block diagram, the channel card, and the submix cards. I don't want to start taking this thing apart if it's just some misunderstanding I have on the functionality.

Any input would be appreciated.
Thanks.

Attachments

• m30 (dragged) 3.pdf
    342.6 KB · Views: 5
  • m30 (dragged) 2.pdf
    305.1 KB · Views: 5
  • m30 (dragged).pdf
    307.4 KB · Views: 5
If anyone comes across this, I guess the answer is not very useful because it could happen anywhere but there was a cracked solder joint right after the master fader on the submix section. That solved the submix problem. The channel pan problem, it was simply the busses need to be assigned to left or right, they aren't hardwired to be master left and right.

Back