Tascam DP-008 noob question

mcgannahan

Hi, just picked up a Tascam DP-008 which is my first venture into home recording. I've been figuring out things pretty well from the manual but I'm a bit perplexed at the point of creating a Master Track. I am following the directions to a tee:

set the "out" point of the recording >> record master track >> select Master Track Playback >>

This is when I get a message saying NO MASTER TRK

Can't figure out why this is as I seem to be doing everything it tells me. To be honest I'm not even sure if I need to do create a Mster Track in order to download the song to my PC.

appreciate any wisdom here....

thanks!

Rick

Okay, me again....

Don't worry about that last question. Perhaps a bit too technical and specific. I have more general noob question....

My intention right now is to do my recording on the Tascam DP-008 and then transfer the tracks to a laptop I have. The laptop is kind of retired since we got a new one and has Windows XP. What would be a good program to put on it? I know, very general, but as Schultz would say... "I know nothing... nothing!!.

thanks!!

Rick

i do the same as you but i use DP 01FX(getting a us-1800 tho) and i just transfer tracks via usb to my computer and use reaper as a daw it works for what i was doing not what im getting into. have two tracks recording at a time is very limiting.

Hi i am having probs setting the OUT point for mastering. The In point works but the other doesn't so when i click on Master, not only the light doesn't come on, but i also get an error: 'track too short/small'. Any idea how to fix it please?
Thanks
Consu

Back