Tascam 488 Mkii Problem

FrankieLopizz

So I recently just replaced gear c and put a new belt on it and everything seems to be working fine except when I’m trying to record to one track. If I turn the pan all the way to the left and hit record the playback is either super low or just terrible quality. When I pan directly in the middle and record it goes to track 1 & 2 and sounds perfectly normal. I don’t know if I’m doing something wrong with the tape que function or if it’s an input problem. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you !

If 1,2 are normal recording then you might have dirt in the pan pot as they do get dirty and one guy who worked on his own unit that had fader problems took them apart and found dust puppies in his faders- these things need to be cover up when not in use as all kinds of years of dust that get into them can cost you dearly either in chemicals or at a service shop-just cover it with a sheet of plastic or a towel. This could be determined by using a 1 KHz sine wave tone to see if there are line amp defects. That is how it is done in the service shop. I have worked on hundreds of porta studios over the years.

Back