Tascam 388 + Tons of Extras

bkb911T

OK guys/gals. I'm selling my Tascam 388, several extras and enough analog outboard gear to have you up and running immediately. I purchased this deck in October from a 388 enthusiast/studio owner. Since that time, I've used it very little (recorded a couple of short songs). Prior to my purchase, the owner had the unit serviced by a well known tech in LA which included a head relap, alignment and calibration for Maxell UD-35 tape (readily available on ebay...lots of new stock still out there) , new belts, new VU meter lights and an over-all cleaning. They also re-covered the leather arm rest - it looks awesome. I've been messing with these for years and I can tell you this is a fantastic unit.

I'm selling this is as a package ($2200) with all the necessary accessories and even some awesome vintage outboard effects. You've got everything you need here to start recording. Included at this price are the following items:

- Tascam 388
- Tascam RC-71 Remote Control
- Tascam RC-30P Punch-In Foot Pedal
- Tascam E-3 Head Demagnatizer (I got it new in the box and used a few times)
- Robins Bulk Tape Eraser
- Two reels of Maxell 35-90 Tape (one with a few passes in the first 10 minutes, the other is brand new/virgin)
- Two takeup reels
- Delta Lab Effectron II ADM 1024 Analog Delay (has Flange/Doubler/Modulation - very cool. Jonathan Wilson has used this on his last two records)
- Ibanez AD202 Multimode Analog Delay (awesome gritty analog delay/chorus/flanger -- sprinkled throughout Death Cab's Transatlanticsm)
- Tapco 4400 Stereo Spring Reverb with EQ (Ryan Adams has one of these at his studio PaxAm - awesome sounding, dark and funky)
- Enough Hosa patch cables to get everything hooked up

I might be willing to part out if you want to make an offer, but would prefer to sell as a package. Shipping is obviously going to be a chore with this thing. I'll arrange it with a carrier so everything will arrive damage free. I'm centrally located in TX, so I'd estimate a max of $300 to get it shipped to either coast. We can discuss shipping if you are serious about purchasing (I'm willing to absorb a large part of the shipping depending on price). Also willing to meet in the Dallas or Austin areas for pickup.

I'll send pictures upon request. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks for looking!

Here are a few pictures of the unit and the outboard.

Attachments

• IMG_2883.JPG
    IMG_2883.JPG
    995 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_2877.JPG
    IMG_2877.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 46
  • IMG_2876.JPG
    IMG_2876.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 48
  • IMG_2879.JPG
    IMG_2879.JPG