Taking PT 101

There's no reason for me to go for PT certification. A: I don't use ProTools, B: I'm not in this for commercial reasons.

At the beginning of each semester, we tend to get a bunch of users from LA Film School. I've only seen one or two come back and contribute to other threads. I don't remember seeing anything about what they are learning. So are you working with prerecorded tracks? You say it's an early 80s rocker. I assume you are learning mixing. plugins, etc.

There's no reason for me to go for PT certification. A: I don't use ProTools, B: I'm not in this for commercial reasons.

At the beginning of each semester, we tend to get a bunch of users from LA Film School. I've only seen one or two come back and contribute to other threads. I don't remember seeing anything about what they are learning. So are you working with prerecorded tracks? You say it's an early 80s rocker. I assume you are learning mixing. plugins, etc.

Yes, mixing and plugins. The teacher is creating recording templates to fit my equipment profiles. Aux loops etc. I am not going for any kind of a certification. I want to record my instruments. We have an acoustic guitar mixing session tomorrow. I'm cutting the tracks right now.

Ah, well, I've been making my own custom templates since PT 5 so I was looking at tricks to speed up workflow, especially editing shortcuts.

Ah, well, I've been making my own custom templates since PT 5 so I was looking at tricks to speed up workflow, especially editing shortcuts.

Keyboard shortcuts are the fastest. The group function comes in pretty handy. Are you using any of the plug-ins?

The Thing that impressed me the most was the EQ-manipulation combined with the decay rate on the tails. That's how my rhythm guitar (on the sample track) almost sounded like a synthesizer in places, especially at the end.

Back