Studio Monitors

Redfish

I’m currently using my old Yamaha NS10’s powered by an old PA head (my Stewart power amp died). I’m thinking of getting powered studio monitors. What? Of course cheap is my motto these days. Are these little KRK rockit 5’s any good? Back in the day lots of folks used KRK but, they were passive too I think. I’m just a songwriter doing demo recordings at home these days. Any suggestions?

I just got a pair of IK Multimedia iLoud MTMs, and they're terrific! They also make a smaller (hence less expensive) monitor, also in the iLoud series, but the bass tapers off around 60Hz I believe -- a bit like the Avantone MixCubes? But yeah, the MTMs are awesome. Check them out!

I just got a pair of IK Multimedia iLoud MTMs, and they're terrific! They also make a smaller (hence less expensive) monitor, also in the iLoud series, but the bass tapers off around 60Hz I believe -- a bit like the Avantone MixCubes? But yeah, the MTMs are awesome. Check them out!
Thank you Serendipity! I’m not familiar… I will definitely look into them.

Any reason you want to move away from the NS10s?
If you know them and like them you could get a used power amp for very little - Look for an Alesis RA100 or RA150 used, or something like that. (y)

Back