Studio monitors choice

Better studio monitors

• Infinity SM-80

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Eris 3.5

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Every pair of headphones I have sound different. These ones on my head are 'Extreme Isolation', which do a great job in that respect but do not sound as good as some cheap ones. I understand from experts that open-backed headphones are best for mixing.

You mean you switch things off? My studio power amp was installed here in 2004. I don’t know if it has silent power up, I’ve never switched it off, or indeed, anything in the rack!

Now would probably be a good time to respond to Rob's post, to explain why I turn my monitors off.
I just received a letter from my energy company, detailing their latest price hikes.
All energy companies tell you how it is global wholesale prices rising that are to blame, and they are forced to pass these on to the customers.
My gas unit price increased by 79.4%, and electric unit price increased by 37.6%.
That is pretty horrific, but here in England, we pay for the units we use, but we also have to pay a fixed daily charge, just for being connected to the network.
That charge is just robbery, and has nothing to do with global wholesale prices, yet it is to increase by 80%.
This means I have to pay £257.74 to the energy company, even if I consume no energy at all.
Bringing this post back on topic, that's the price of an OK pair of monitors.

Back