SpectraLayers One in Cubase 11

maartenl945

I just made a video on my YouTube channel about the new SpectraLayers One in Cubase 11, and how I've found some uses for it. I wonder if any of you guys are using it and what for ? Maybe I can learn something new :).

Regards,
Maarten

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm using the same version of Cubase and after playing with the version in 11, decided to get the full spectral layers very quickly - I'm using it to rebalance some older stereo recordings where with hindsight the parts are a bit skewed. In particular a whole series of things where the bass was too loud and the drums a bit lacking up top - a monitor issue - but annoyingly I cannot locate the original cubase files! Breaking them into stems and then just a bit of fiddling with the files was really worth the investment. I've not scratched the other features yet!

I'm using the same version of Cubase and after playing with the version in 11, decided to get the full spectral layers very quickly - I'm using it to rebalance some older stereo recordings where with hindsight the parts are a bit skewed. In particular a whole series of things where the bass was too loud and the drums a bit lacking up top - a monitor issue - but annoyingly I cannot locate the original cubase files! Breaking them into stems and then just a bit of fiddling with the files was really worth the investment. I've not scratched the other features yet!
Nice! Yes I understood that the full version can separate more than just unmixing the vocals and it has many more editing tools too. I must say with older mixes, even if I still have the cubase project, it rarely works perfectly anymore due to switching plugins and HW setup over the years. So I can imagine that this aspect of SpectraLayers is quite useful.

I've just posted a little follow-up to my original SpectraLayers One video, comparing the results of the vocal separation to RX8 music rebalance.
What do you think ?

Regards,
Maarten

Back