sonar le & sb audigy 2 (asio)

Stefan_L_01

Hi

I have a problem in sonar le when i try to use asio and as audio source the Line-In (blue jack) on my audigy 2 zs. I don´t get any sound regardless what input channel i select in the audio options and channel input of sonar.
Mic-In works fine, but it´s very noisy even when i disable the +20db.

Thank you for any help
Stefan

A couple of things are going to give you problems with that card. They are meant for gaming and consumer applications and are a poor choice for pro-audio and recording. That said,

the line-in jack requires a line level signal, meaning the source has to go through a pre-amp, or be a strong enough signal like the output of an i-pod or similar to work. If you plug a microphone or guitar into this jack, it will not have enought signal to amplify it. A mic or guitar requires a preamp before you go into the line-in jack.

The mic-in jack has a preamp built into it (this is why it works for you). Unfortunately in a SB it is about as crappy of a preamp as you can get. Tha't why it is so noisy. Your best bet is to save up and get an audio interface. They start at under $100 and go up from there. Here's a good reference to figure out what would work best for you:
http://www.tweakheadz.com/soundcards_and_audio_interfaces.htm

Hi

I don´t expect the SB to be perfect, but for a quick shot it´s ok. I´m using a kind of preamp with the pocket pod between guitar and SB.

Meanwhile I found out that line in works with selecting analog mix, whereas mic in can be selected directly as a source. Probably because mic in uses the preamp as you said, line in not. I´ve to disable line in the playing settings to avoid double output.
I´d like to have line in as single input source, but does not seem to be possible.

Back