sonar home studio 7 AAAAARRRRRGGGGGG

WykedPT

I bought the cakewalk sonar home studio XL version 7........the latency is HORRIBLE.....is there any way to correct this?

Do you have a system that can handle it? What kind of soundcard are you using? Have you played with the latency slider when installing? Try setting your latencey setting higher or lower to see if you kind find the sweet spot where you hear what you are monitering in realtime with no pops or distortion.

P.S. you might look into REAPER. A lotta HR guys like it- hasd a low footprint, only costs 60 bucks and sounds as good as all the "big boy" bloated software out there. www.cockos.com

driver prob

I downloaded ASIO drivers to use on the cakewalk program......the output drivers is ok...but when I try to assign the drivers to the input,it says they are not connected.........Ideas? Thanks Dave

Here's my setting in Sonar 6 PE with a Lexicon USB U42S

Attachments

• asio2.JPG
    asio2.JPG
    42.3 KB · Views: 35
  • asio3.JPG
    asio3.JPG
    34.9 KB · Views: 34
  • asio.JPG
    asio.JPG
    48.9 KB · Views: 34
Yeah dude, get your money back. Sonar HS 7 XL gets really difficult to use. It takes way to many clicks to set your input/add effects/other stuff (those aren't the only problems). I'm a Sonar HS 7 XL to Reaper convert. I used to say "Well, I think this software is awesome." It was hard for me to admit that it did suck. Once I went to Reaper, all of my problems were solved. I know that this has nothing to do with your topic, but I just wanted to give you a heads up. :laughings:

I've played around with it somemore and now the inputs are connected and I can record,but not play back .....now it says output not connected.....before it was input not connected....I am baffled lol...

i was using sonar HS 7 xl myself at first i had problems with the asio drivers and the interface but u nedd to try hard and so forth, play about with the asio setting with SHM7. i could handle it every time it dropped out so i upgraded to pro tools m-powered much easier tho expensive

when I pull down the list for outputs all I have is ASIO4allv2 Not connected......it used to say that on the input...but now it's ok lol

Do you have a system that can handle it? What kind of soundcard are you using? Have you played with the latency slider when installing? Try setting your latencey setting higher or lower to see if you kind find the sweet spot where you hear what you are monitering in realtime with no pops or distortion.

What type of audio interface are you using???

Well you will need an interface that supports the Asio driver. And if your using you computer then use mme but tbh i dont recommend it becouse its not a good standard

Back