Sonar 8.5 Producer Recording Problems

baronvonbadguy3

Whenever I record something i can see the wave form preview and its perfectly in time then when im done recording and the waveform preview turns into the actual waveform its like it offsets its self one second to the left. My latency is 20/ms so i know its defiantly not that and it just started happening no problems before this.

More info please...

Recording Interface?
How many tracks are recorded?
New projects, existing projects, or both?
Computer specs?
Midi involved?

What has changed in your studio since the last time this worked correctly?

Sonar 8.5 problem - The just recorded clip shrinks and moves to the left

I think I have the same problem. (I have just upgraded from Sonar 7 to 8.5.)

Even if I start a brand new project using the normal template and record a clip in a new audio track, upon stopping the recording, the just recorded clip shrinks and moves to the left from the position where I stopped the recording.

With a mechanical metronome, I was able to confirm that upon playback the clicks in the newly recorded clip are faster than the original sound source. If I do another recording, the exact same thing happens.

The record latency adjustment manual offset is 0.

I have downloaded the latest patch (8.5.3) and it did not make any difference.

Any suggestion?

P.S.:

Recording Interface? M-Audio FW 1418 (works well with old computer and Sonar 7)
How many tracks are recorded? (1 or 2 - does not matter)
New projects, existing projects, or both? (both)
Computer specs? Intel I7 -930 2.8 GHz quad core, 8 GB RAM
Midi involved? no midi

Last edited:
Almost sounds like the Snap To Grid function is kicking in...?

Are both posters saying that they are trying to play back their recorded tracks to sync to an external source that they used as a guide track?

Problem is caused by internal/external audio interface conflict

My PC came with internal audio (Realtek) and I was trying to use an external audio interface. The conflict was caused by Sonar trying to use both the internal and external audio interfaces.

To solve the problem, after running the automatic audio interface configration utility, I had to un-check - in the Sonar Audio panel, under the Driver tab - all Realtek input/output drivers.

Driver mode is set to WDM/KS.

I hope this will help others too with similar problem.

Last edited:
Back