Sonar 8.5 glitches

JasonBird

Average Member
just upgraded from 8 to 8.5 . did some audio recording this weekend, and noticed that intermittently the audio would quit, not stop, but just go silent, and the engine is still running. no drop out, and after maybe 2 seconds, the audio comes back on and the wave form continures on from where it stopped....anyone ever seen that happen? I've never had it happen on sonar 8.0 . i went in and changed my latency to around 20 msecs and reran the wave profiler. seemed to make no difference. this was sunday, then tonight recording again it did the samething, but this time stopped recording completly. just like if i had hit the stop button. no dropout, it just stopped. weird.....i wonder what the deal is and if there is a fix coming?

Jason

Need to know more...

Soundcard/Interface?
Drivers? ASIO?
Operating system?
Sample rate?
Buffer sizes?

I have seen similar issues with 8.5. I thought at first it was my 64bit environment, but at another studio where I use Sonar, we had the same thing, and it is 32bit. I have not been able to determine where/when its happening. It seems random. On my 64bit box, I have had some other issues with playback/drop out's...sometimes I have to enable multi-processor support, and sometimes it works better without.

8.5 seems very finicky.

Back