Sonar 7XL mix down problems.....HELP!

TMatt142

Hey all......I'm working on my second tune here and am at the mixdown stage of things. Now the first instrumental I did went off without a hitch. Everything recorded nicely, mixed it down with no problems, burned it right to a CD. Now I basically was doing the same thing with this next tune but when I slapped the CD back in to give it a listen, certain parts of the drum track are missing! Mainly the snare at random points throughout the song...At one point all but the high hat goes out, then comes right back in.....And I don't do complicated drum rhythms. Just your basic 4/4 beat that is repeated throughout the length of the song...Cymbals on a different track. I went back in since I eq'd the drums shut the eq off and mixed down again, repeated the cd burn and same thing....What the hell is going on here??? The only other thing I have on the drum track is a bit of automation at the end to fade out...that's it......It's there before mix down.....how is it that the random parts are disappearing after mixdown?

Could parts of it be not actually have been selected as you thought?
Sometimes automation can get non responsive -I've had (gain envelopes I think it was), starting 'off at the begining of a clip, not ramp up to out put -but it also was on playback IIRC..:confused:
Do you bounce to track first?

Nope.... I fixed the problem anyway. I disabled the "fast bounce" when mixing down and that pretty much fixed it.

Back