Somebody try this VST in Sonar for me?

mshilarious

Banned
VU

This is a VU meter plug, doesn't do anything to audio.

Install is a manual process; download, copy .dll to plugs folder, run a rescan in Sonar to detect. Had a question from somebody where this didn't work, so let me know if it works for you . . .

Loaded it in X1b Producer (64) on Win 7

Appears to show a true representation of the track level with the calibration 'screw' set at -12 vu while my fader is at unity, but adjusting the fader does nothing to the reading on the vu meter, up or down...

Toggling the 'on' button to off mutes audio on the track and the meter freezes at the last position it was reading... Same with stopping the transport, the meter just freezes where it was last positioned.

As the song fades out, the vu meter fades with it.

Applying the plug to the same project in 8.53 Producer (64) caused the audio 'to to jump jump and and stutter stutter' a lot and the needle was all over the place.

Don't have a 32 bit machine to try it on... Maybe someone else can chime in on that...?

Well the needle freeze is a simple patch; I thought it was a "feature" but the opposite function is easy enough.

Your inserts will be either pre- or post-fader, that is controlled by Sonar not by the VST.

I'm a bit confused on your two versions, what is the difference between X1b and 8.53? X1 is a newer release?

I only have Wavelab, Cubase, and a 32 bit machine . . . :( But the question I got was from a guy who couldn't get Sonar to load the plug after copying to his VST folder. So at least that is not a universal problem.

Thanks!

Sonar 6 PE - Won't load in XP 32 SP3 - it's not reconized/seen/loaded when I scan. The last addins worked okay - Antress freebies.

Last edited:
I'm a bit confused on your two versions, what is the difference between X1b and 8.53? X1 is a newer release?

Yes, X1 came out in December... They just released the 2nd patch (b) late last month...

Mainly interface changes, but they included what they're calling a 'Pro Channel' channel strip that absolutely rocks... Will alleviate a lot of 3rd party plugs for some folks...

Back