Soft synth arpeggio problem : (

velouria08

Hi,
I seem to be having a slight problem when using Soft Synth Arpeggios in Sonar...

If I lay out a midi sequence for an arpeggio (with the grid set to snap notes to measures let's say) and play it back, oftentimes it goes out of time.

Has anyone else experienced this problem and can suggest what might be causing it??

Thanks.

What version of Sonar?

Can you tell us about your sound card / computer setup, including Sonar Midi settings?

Hi,
Thanks for the reply. It's Sonar 8, Line 6 Toneport KB37 (Soundcard), PC Windows XP 32 Bit, 4 gb ram. I'm not near the pc at the mo so can't give my midi settings sadly. Exactly what specifically might be causing trouble in midi settings anyway do you think??

Just to reiterate the problem... Say for example I set the timeline to play at the start of a specific midi arpeggio sequence and the press play - Sometimes it will play the sequence correctly, and in time... but other times it will seem like it's lagging behind, or just not playing correctly or something. Oftentimes I have to put the cursor back 2 or 3 times before it plays correctly... As you can imagine this is particularly annoying when you have an arpeggio sequence somewhere later in a track and you playback the song from the start only to find that when it reaches the arpeggio part it's not playing correctly!! : / ...

Just wanting to kind of get a 'minds-eye' view of what you're working with. I haven't played with the arpeggiator too much, so I can only speculate at this point.

There are times that I will run a multitrack Midi sequence through the TT1 Soft Synth, and create a click track using Step Sequencer and Session Drummer on my laptop, with onboard sound card... I noticed that, even with snap to grid on, I would have to adjust the click track in order to get it to sync with the Midi tracks, sometimes more than once.
When I connect my Presonus Inspire, all the tracks (including the Session Drummer click) line up like they're supposed to... Which means if I did any adjusting to sync with the stock sound card, things are waaaaay off once the Inspire is connected.
Same thing happens when I transfer the project to my main studio DAW...

Now, so I'm clear...

Are you recording/importing an arppegiated track and then running it through a soft synth (if so, which one) or using the Sonar Arppegiator plug in?
Also, have you applied any of the Sonar 8 updates (.01, .02, .31) ?

Also, all the updates are sorted so I don't think it's a problem in that department. Generally speaking this has been a problem with playback of all soft synth arpeggio presets I've used from Sonar 6 to 8

Back