Singing newbie needs help

Minism

Hey everyone,

I was once told that I could not sing (and believed this honestly).

However, after being through some bands I feel that its very very hard who could sing my songs as good as I imagine them to sound. Hence I decided to give a shot and start learning to sing.

The problems I see in my voice:
1) BREATH SUPPORT - been working on this for a while, but still something is not right... The voice needs more resonance, depth
2) Pitch problems
3) Lacks emotion
4) A few rhythmic problems, but I do not have very convenient monitoring setup at the moment.
5) ??? Could you help?

What should I start working on firstly?

Thanks a lot!

Attachments

• Lifeline attempt.mp3
    5.3 MB · Views: 24
You may be on the wrong forums for this, this area is really for RECORDING vocals, not really the art of it. However, based on your list of problems and a quick listen I would advise you to get a voice coach if you're very serious. Most of these abilities come with time and proper guidance. Also remember that not every voice is right for every genre of music or song. You may not have the voice to translate what you hear in your head to the microphone, even though you may think you do. I've fallen victim to this concept many times :P

I would love to get a vocal coach, but individual lessons where I currently live (Denmark) cost a lot, I can't afford this yet. So I am trying to learn as much as possible myself.

It's definitely a good idea to check many genres, will do that!

Thanks!

Back