Shure MV7 Issues with Clicking

Ataraxia

First of all, any help would be HUGELY appreciated, as I suffer from a host of psychiatric maladies, and this problem has been driving me utterly mad to the point of exacerbating my insomnia.

I'll try to explain this is quickly as possible. I have tons of experience with various instruments, but I've only recorded with USB mics when creating demos for my bands, etc. When I decided I needed something to improve my YouTube channel's audio, I went with the MV

For some reason, the mic produces tiny, but recurring, clicks during recordings. I've tried using different micro-USB to lightning cables, as I have a few which are all MFI certified, but the issue persist

Based on information I read about another user and their SM7B through a GoXLR, I belidvs the cause might be digital and not a defect with the mic itself. However, as there are no updates available for the Motiv Video app, I decided to simply reinstall it and perhaps try rolling back the Firmware version later today to see if it's not a regressive bu

If all this fails, has anyone else experienced similar issues with this mic? It even occurs in auto-level mode, so I'm not sure how it can be marketed as a plug-and-play device that can produce content that's ready to upload. Especially since the volume is horrendously low — I suspect this is due to power limitations of the iPhone 1

Thanks in advance! I'm so sorry for the long post. I only got about three hours of sleep last night, and I just guzzled two extra large coffees because I have classes to teach in a bit over an hour from now.

P.S. I posted this in the Newbies forum by mistake, as I wasn't aware there was a dedicated section for mobile devices. Sorry. ☹️

🙏✌️☮️

The crypto idiot made this post resurface and I missed it first out - not good for a newqbie member - sorry. Little ticks and clicks are rarely down to anything like cables, but a problem in an app when there are driver issues with available memory - and reading things in and out of memory caches. If the cache empties before it's refilled - the empty spaces generate ticks in the waveforms. Volume won't be anything to do with power - it's digital so it will work, or of the battery is near the cutoff, it won't. It won't adjust level.

I was going to say the app is probably horrible, but I downloaded it and its actually quite nice. One thing to try - change it from 48K sampling to 44.1K and see if that too has the clicks? It eases the workload just a little. It doesn't seem to offer much other tweaking though. I'd find a friend with a different phone and try that - it will discount the mic if it works on their newer model phone?

Back