Seeking drum kit samples - one room mic

damianhk

If anyone is interested in sampling their kit for me, i'll use it on an upcoming song. Next song will be folk rock/pop maybe. No money offered, I'm not able to. I record lo-fi (hobbyist). I've been listening to some samples, and i'm just not digging the up close/individual sound. If interested in recording samples with a room mic, i'll provide a list of hits, and you can make a single wave or mp3 file. I'll separate it. Here's sort of the sound i'm seeking > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7F-V9aTwsI A large kit isn't necessary (I don't use alot of toms)

I'm all over that. Those samples sound great. I've always used mono anyway, and i like retro recorded on tape. I had a little success on freesound.org, but it was tough to build a kit, but this set will do just fine. All grins.

I 'like' Big Mono, but for $19, I purchased their Popsticks, which I really liked. There may be a kit on their site that might be worth a small fee that will really rock your world.

That's not alot of $ for the possibilities. I have my hands full with big mono. I can't imagine an improvement, but this is good news for future recordings. I may even take these programmed samples to real studio for the first time and see what i can do. I just compared big mono to a kit i built on freesound. It's not even close. I'll have to change my samples, levels, and remake patterns, but i think it'll be worth it. The 16 levels of each drum and cymbal is what i was seeking. In spots where a build up on the toms is required, i can get toms that are hit softly all the way up. Also, i like to use about 4 levels of high hat (closed to full out) to create dynamics.

Back