Rode NT1-A

luizfvpereira

Hello everybody,

First post here and I want to start my activity here by asking a few questions about this mic: Rode NT1-A.
I've seen some reviews talking about how it is so quiet and low noise. Also very good for vocals.
However I'm a real low budget guy and I know this comes with a catch, I need phantom power (48V) to use this. Requires a "audiobox". And I'm considering this to be my singing mic. I'm only going to do solo singing in the next year so I think it fits.
Here is the link to the pack I was considering: LINK
I also saw this: LINK
Here come my questions:

- I will have mainly female singers. Is it a good microphone for this kind of voice?
- In a few months I was thinking about some violin recording. Will it behave well?
- Acoustic guitar can be recorded with it? Correctly?
- Which "audiobox" you think is better in cost/efficiency terms?

Thank you for the attention and by the way, English isn't my native language so I apologize in advance for any mistakes :$

Luís Pereira.

Luis,
I have a NT-1A ( modified) and it can easily work on the projects you are considering. Remember mic placement is a large part of the recording process. The audio box will do fine for this application also..."Better" in cost a subjective question.....let's just say the combination will work fine for you.....good luck!!!

thank you guys :) I dont have the money yet for both, that's why I was wondering if there was a more affordable audiobox while still being good :$

Already have Reaper, starting to use it. Any tutorial website for it btw?

Back