Remix Feedback Please?

I really like the tone of the vocal on this; it sounds great for the song.

Almost all of the sounds are just really pleasant and great to listen to, especially the guitars. And I agree that the fuzzy guitar on the right is used very well.

The metric modulation surprised me at first, but I really dug it when I realized what was going on.

Nice job all around.

Care to share what the song is about?

I really like the tone of the vocal on this; it sounds great for the song.

Almost all of the sounds are just really pleasant and great to listen to, especially the guitars. And I agree that the fuzzy guitar on the right is used very well.

The metric modulation surprised me at first, but I really dug it when I realized what was going on.

Nice job all around.

Care to share what the song is about?

Hey thanks, Beagle. By Metric Modulation you mean when it changes from 6/8 to 4/4? That seems to throw everyone off at first, if that's the part you mean. I liked it as a "lift" for the outro chorus.

The song is about breaking up with a person who is tempting yet not good for you, temptation in general, and the end is more about opining for what I want in a partner (and also a few lines about general madness/insanity). It's not something very comfortable to talk about, so the is message hidden by a lot of surreal/illusion type lyrics to help stomach singing about it, if that makes sense.

Hey thanks, Beagle. By Metric Modulation you mean when it changes from 6/8 to 4/4? That seems to throw everyone off at first, if that's the part you mean. I liked it as a "lift" for the outro chorus.

The song is about breaking up with a person who is tempting yet not good for you, temptation in general, and the end is more about opining for what I want in a partner (and also a few lines about general madness/insanity). It's not something very comfortable to talk about, so the is message hidden by a lot of surreal/illusion type lyrics to help stomach singing about it, if that makes sense.

Yes that's exactly what I meant by metric modulation. That's what you did there; you kept the eighth note steady, but you moved from 6/8 to 4/4, which was done very smoothly, by the way! :)

Thanks for the info on the song; I can dig what you're saying. There are some nice lines in there, and, when combined with the understated, kind-of "matter-of-fact" vocal delivery (for lack of a better term), they're quite emotive. Nice work! :)

Yes that's exactly what I meant by metric modulation. That's what you did there; you kept the eighth note steady, but you moved from 6/8 to 4/4, which was done very smoothly, by the way! :)

Thanks for the info on the song; I can dig what you're saying. There are some nice lines in there, and, when combined with the understated, kind-of "matter-of-fact" vocal delivery (for lack of a better term), they're quite emotive. Nice work! :)

Thanks, Beagle, it means a lot to me that you picked up on a lot of that stuff.

Sorry for getting to the remix late.

Timing issues seem much better now. Snare sounds much more appropriate for the tune as well. Something about the vocal sounds better too...the EQ on it. Like you pulled out some 1k or something. Less telephone-y than before, I think. Unless I'm imaging things, which is very possible since I've been up quite awhile today. I can imagine the bass being a bit louder. So, I guess I am imagining things. hmm. crap. I think harmonies would benefit the song. I can't really hear the hi-hat, and that first crash near the end is very loud.

Sounds good for the most part. I agree with IBB that the drums need to come up. On the 3/4 time segment you need some punch...maybe a electric guitar power chording.
Nice work nola

Hey thanks guys. I'll try to refine it a little more based on those comments before a final release.

Back