Recording issue with Boss BT-1200 Digital Recording Studio

Boss4ever

I've been recording songs on track 9/10 (stereo track) for long time now with no problem. However, I noticed recently that after I stop recording the song is recorded also on track 1 & V track 1 and track 2 & V track 1. I have never ever had this issue before. I am pretty sure that I did not push any button I was not supposed to, though you never know. I will add that I was recording on track 9/10 & V track 15 when this issue started. Before that I had no problem, all 14 songs were recorded right. Thank you for your suggestions.
Mike

I would check your track routing and which tracks were armed to record. I would guess you had accidently set up tracks 1 and 2 to record the same inputs as tracks 9 and 10.

Can you replicate the problem, ensuring that tracks 1 and 2 are NOT set to record?

I am guessing user error here.

Thank you Wish. I am totally flabbergasted. I've been using BR-1200 for quite a long time and I don't know what's going on. Wish, what do you mean by "track routing"? I checked it in the manual index and there is no mention of it. I am pretty sure that I did not set up tracks 1 and 2 to record the same inputs as track 9/10. By the way, track 9/10 is ONE track (stereo). Simply, I do what I've been doing for long time and that is, I record on track's 9/10 sixteen V tracks songs without any problem but suddenly when I tried to record on V track 15 this problem has started.

Track routing would be assigning the inputs to the recording tracks....i.e. You set up 9 and 10 to record a stereo signal? Where is the input audio coming from for tracks 9 and 10? There would have to be some routing involved to get the audio signal to where you want it to go.

I am suggesting that the same routing for tracks 9/10 is being used for tracks 1/2, and tracks 1/2 were accidently armed to record.

I just looked at the manual, and there are only 2 inputs, so no real user defined routing...you are right. Armed tracks will record the inputs.

Have you read page 67 in the manual around Track Status?

You asked: "You set up 9 and 10 to record a stereo signal?" I do not, track 9/10 is stereo track. Also track 11/12 is stereo track (it is mastering track). You do not need to set it up as stereo. Tracks 1 through 8 are mono tracks. I did not do any changes to assigning inputs to the recording tracks. Everything is set up as it was before.
"I am suggesting that the same routing for tracks 9/10 is being used for tracks 1/2, and tracks 1/2 were accidently armed to record." Perhaps this is the problem. Now, question is how to un-arm it so while I am recording to track 9/10 the signal would not go to tracks 1 and 2. O, by the way I noticed that ALL 12 tracks and corresponding 192 (12x16) V tracks have recorded my recording. In other words, song recorded on track 9/10 & V track 15 is also recorded on each track and each V track.

Yes, I read page 67 in the manual. Unfortunately there is nothing that I could use to remedy my problem.
I believe that there should be some simple, straightforward answer to my problem. But where to go to get it?

I figured it out. I still can not believe that such a banal thing would have screwed things out.
Thanks Wish for your effort.

Back