Recording iPhone Bluetooth audio stream to video on another device.

RandyKeegan

Hi All
My wife wants me to record her while she’s dancing. She listens to YouTube video’s via AirPods on her iPhone.
I’m trying to figure a way to get her audio stream into whatever camera I am using. I can use my iPhone or iPad, or a MacPro. Any ideas? Thx

It may be possible to do it using audio sharing from the iPhone if it's new enough. You would need a second receiver of some kind.

Maybe you could just fly in the audio in post.

Yes, I would guess that adding the audio in post would be the easiest way. You really don't have to worry as much about synchronizing the audio with things like drum strikes. A few milliseconds one way or another won't make a difference.

You can download the Youtube video (I use Youtube Downloader HD), and then using something like Audacity to strip the audio, and add that to your video. What are you using for video editing?

An alternative would be to pull down the video, play it from a computer or phone and connect the audio out to your camera, so she can listen to the audio AND you would be recording the audio directly.

Yeah, I would play it on a speaker and capture the audio on the camera mic, then dub in the clean audio in its place, or mixed with the mic if you want some live vibe to it.

Back