Reaper help with midi editor and hardware synth, usb controller.

kip4

Hey guys I’m back with some newbie questions.
I frequently use midi edit and I can’t figure out how to get it in its own page instead of the “docker”
I can’t see as well as I used to so I’d prefer it in a larger window.
How is this achieved please?

my other querie is about using my Arthuria mini lab mk3 usb controller to be the input of my Yamaha mu90r hardware synth.
At the moment the mini lab mk3 is usb plugged into the Arthuria Minifuse 2 interface.
and the mu90 midi dins are plugged into the minifuse 2 interface.
What am I missing all I want to do is use a usb controlller to be the input and the mu90 the output.
Help please.
Rich

This will work with PC's, dunno about Mac.

If you mean the MIDI Piano Roll Editor, you can hover the mouse pointer over the upper left corner of the editor window until a double-arrow appears, then press and hold the left mouse button and drag the corner to the upper left of your screen. Repeat with the bottom right corner and drag that to the bottom right of your screen.

This will fill the screen with the MIDI Piano Roll Editor. If you need everything to be a larger size, hold CTRL on the keyboard and use the scroll wheel on the mouse to make larger or smaller. If your mouse doesn't have a scroll wheel, press CTRL+Shift and use arrow keys to increase/decrease size.

Thanks dude I’ll give that a go in the morning.

ps guys I sorted out the routing in reaper for making my controller and hardware synth.
I’ll get the hang of reaper eventually. If I’d not record armed the track first I would have found all the right box’s to tick.
phew
Rich

On Reaper's main page, there are gobs of videos covering anything you may need to know. Kenny's videos are straight forward and highly informative... unlike many YouTube guys who ramble on about everything under the sun and hardly get to the point.

On the Videos Page, you can go near the bottom right corner and find [expand all categories] - it's in smaller type font, so may be hard for you to see. Click that and a ton of video subjects will be revealed.

It is a very feature packed daw.
with nothing held back even if still evaluating.
the work flow is a little different to what I’m used to but not overwhelming.
Thanks

Back