Reamping with pedals

Nofolobricity

Hi guys!

I’m a songwriter and I reamp sometimes not only guitars but some other sounds. I have Marshall JH-1. It has good soft overdrive with no sound destroying but it rolls off the high frequencies. I’ve tried out the Boss DS-1 and DS-2 pedals (distortion ones). And a pink noise test running through them shows that the pedals have high frequencies but their distortion is way too much for applying to any drum sounds, electric pianos and so on. Also, I’ve tested Ibanez Tube Screamer and it has a big high cut even with tone compensation.

And I’d like to ask: do you know any not too expensive guitar overdrive pedals with even spectrum (at least to be able to tweak them similar way) and with high frequencies (with no kind of lowpass filter)?

Most guitar distortions will roll off the highs, otherwise they would sound bad on guitar.

You would have better luck with distortion plug-ins that aren't made to emulate distortion for guitars.

Hi guys!

I’m a songwriter and I reamp sometimes not only guitars but some other sounds. I have Marshall JH-1. It has good soft overdrive with no sound destroying but it rolls off the high frequencies. I’ve tried out the Boss DS-1 and DS-2 pedals (distortion ones). And a pink noise test running through them shows that the pedals have high frequencies but their distortion is way too much for applying to any drum sounds, electric pianos and so on. Also, I’ve tested Ibanez Tube Screamer and it has a big high cut even with tone compensation.

And I’d like to ask: do you know any not too expensive guitar overdrive pedals with even spectrum (at least to be able to tweak them similar way) and with high frequencies (with no kind of lowpass filter)?
As the previous reply suggested, an ITB approach with plugins would give you greater flexibility and control.

BUT- your concept is interesting and worthwhile. I've personally only reamped from DAW to amplifier, sometimes with pedals in the chain. I'm curious about reamping just to pedals and back, as you described (never tried this yet).

I think your analog approach to effects and workflow is unique and should be applauded!

Back